Miss Weightiness Doing In-Home Walk-to with Leslie Sansone - Associated Capacity - associatedcontent.com

Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 by Admin in Labels:

When a friend first told me about Leslie Sansone's in home walking program, I was skeptical. It sounded a little too easy. How could I possibly lose weight doing something so easy? Then she showed me some of the steps and even brought the video in for me and my other co-workers to try during lunch. I was hooked.

In home walking is a great supplement to your usual workout routine. It involves a combination of about five to six basic steps and a few exercises for your arms. You mostly walk in place, do kicks, leg lifts, step side-to-side, and walk forward.

There are also an occasional deviation like lifting your leg behind you and squats. The nice thing about it, is you change your steps often so you don't get bored and your muscles don't get too tired from being overworked. At no time during the routine do I ever feel like I am going to drop over from exhaustion. I just feel a little challenged which is what a workout is meant to do.

Each of Leslie's DVD's are labeled 1 mile or 2 mile which literally means if you were walking outdoors to the pace of the music, you'd be 1 or 2 miles away. The best part - you don't even have to leave your house. Now I'll be the first to admit that I love walking outdoors in the sunshine on a brisk autumn day, enjoying the chirping of the birds and the kaleidescope of colors on the trees during fall.

But what about those frosty winter days when snow is piled high? Or how about when it is raining? Leslie's in-home walking prevents me from bailing out on exercise since I can't go outside. With Leslie's routine, I can "walk" right in my own family room, and ultimately lose weight.

I've packed on a few extra pounds because I was busy with school and didn't "workout" with Leslie as much as I should have. However, the last time I gained weight about two years ago, I diligently spent time walking with Leslie and lost about 15 pounds over the course of the summer. It felt great and it was so easy. I plan on doing that again to get rid of this pesky extra weight.

Source: http://www.associatedcontent.com