How many calories should I exhaust per day to unleash burden when linear off 500 calories per day? 1,500? - Yahoo! Answers

Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 by Admin in Labels:

You sound like you've done your homework & are doing the right things. Congrats on your progress so far!

I was 38, 5' 10" and started at 213. I dropped to 178 using 1800 calories a day over 3 months. I was biking 60 minutes, 4 days a week (avg 18 miles per day) and playing beach volleyball 2x week (1 night 6 man, 1 night 4 man).

My only regret is not doing weight training along with the cardio 'cos I lost a fair amount of muscle in those 3 months.

I would say to stick with 1500, making sure you're getting protein with every meal... about 200g total per day for your size. Try to get some weight training in there too. Your muscle will thank you. It's FAR better to burn off the calories than it is to drop your intake.

Source: http://answers.yahoo.com