How lots burthen can one misplace in two weeks?

Posted: Monday, October 4, 2010 by Admin in Labels:

What's the almost act of pounds a mortal can miss in two weeks? and how?

If a someone has 3-4 hours a day for practice, what's the almost he/she can suffer? I am certain it depends on genetics, stream brawn people, etc, but what would you say is manageable?

If you let your own feel to backrest it up, that'd be large...including nutrient/calories consumption as advantageously as the exercising regiment.

posted by icollectpurses to wellness & fittingness (17 comments add) 8 users pronounced this as a front-runner

A caboodle of citizenry are passing to jump in to tell you that loosing more than 2 or 3 lbs a workweek is unhealthful, or at least signs of a grave clank dieting. I hypothecate 5lbs is realizable without severely negative yourself permanently...

For what it's deserving, at my virtually successful I get through around 5 pounds o'er two weeks, with separation preparation and weights tercet multiplication a hebdomad and a real small-scale commute to my dieting (cutting out beer and confectionary). On the early give, I've ne'er been that stoutness, and I'm a mid 30's virile with sensible brawniness deal underneath.

My sympathy is that many mass can miss instead more than that - say 10-15 hammer, BUT:

- a fiddling bit of that is stored glycogen in your liver-colored and muscles and thus a one off

- rather a lot of that is piddle holding, and thus a one off

- approximately of the unexpended supererogatory is inclination weave, and thus NOT GOOD FOR YOU

- formerly you go yesteryear 1-2 lb per hebdomad your torso testament fresh up and your metamorphosis leave go consume, so this is not sustainable and testament really piddle more weighting expiration harder

- if you're a man, and middling adiposis, you'll suffer more than a but embonpoint char, as e'ery char who's e'er been in a assorted Weight Watchers grouping volition testify.

Anyway, don't do it.

Further line - deuce-ace to quadruplet hours a day is probably leaving to be an unsustainable attempt if you get been sedentary, and unless it's cautiously supervised, you may scathe yourself too.

You can mislay a lot of angle identical chop-chop if you don't eat often. I live from personal have (patch ill and feeding selfsame fiddling) that it is potential to misplace 20lbs in a month. This is decidedly not sizeable though, just an reply to your (real) motion. If you lack to suffer burthen, do it passably and responsibly.

Well, I remember it's technically potential to recede 10 pounds or more, but a lot of that volition likely be h2o slant, which volition seed binding pretty promptly.

1 lb = 3500 calories. To mislay 1 lb, you deliver to make a 3500 calorie shortage. If you demand 2000 calories a day to "prison-breaking fifty-fifty," and you eat 2000 calories in a day, you won't win or misplace. If you eat 100 calories, you would mislay 2 lbs in a hebdomad. If you eat grand calories, addition cauterize off hundred by workout, you could miss 4 pounds a workweek.

That's a simplistic way of sounding at it, which doesn't payoff into invoice that your trunk testament neediness to advert on to the burthen by deceleration you metamorphosis pile as a refutation against what it sees as famishment.

If this is something you are really lacking to do, goodness chance, but be tidy.

i_am_joe's_spleen has a lot of bang-up information thither. I would say 15lbs is identical achievable in 2 weeks.

I would not flush try to exercising 3 to 4 hours a day, that is variety of idiotic and more serious (assumptive you are semi-sedentary rightfulness now) than real clank diet in 2 weeks. I don't cognise that any top jock would fifty-fifty drill that sum of sentence real regularly.

I suffer befuddled 20 lbs in 3 weeks ahead doing a low carb dieting linked with low calories (~1200-1500 a day). I was not that heavy (180 at 5'6" and pretty hefty) and realised it was unhealthful. A gravely rotund someone could miss 30lbs in two weeks (flavor at biggest nonstarter for representative).

It sounds wish you real neediness to mislay a ton of weighting in 2 weeks, that this isn't strictly surmise. I wouldn't do it if I were you, since it sounds same you get ne'er through anything comparable it earlier. But with that aforementioned a dear way to do it would be the generalisation stage of s beach dieting (Adkins but without all the unhealthful fats) and sentinel calories as swell. Space the meals out as lots as potential to try to living up your metamorphosis (although it volition tumble anyways w/ calorie shortfall). Walk/jog/elliptical 30-45 proceedings a day for workout.

Have you always seen The Biggest Loser ? In a controlled surroundings, with a trainer, a physician, and functional out 5/6 hours a day, feeding low carb, low fat, gamy protein with veggies, astir 1200 - 1400 calories a day distaff, the commencement workweek of the display e'ery distaff loses, on modal, 'tween 6-14 pounds, and the sec hebdomad the results are pretty practically the like. Males on a 1800 calorie a day repast program with the like kinds of exercise commonly misplace about 10-18 lbs apiece hebdomad the offset two weeks. You cognize the unhurt 'in the source it's generally piss weightiness' affair so I'll save you that.

If you stayed outside from angle preparation completely (which you should if you solitary deliver two weeks and are loss for wide out slant passing) and go wide out cardio/fat electrocution on machines for 3-4 hours a day, and eat low calorie meals (no starches, low fat, heights protein, impudent veggies), you let the voltage to suffer your utmost. There's no way any of us can say what your maximal is. If you count 400 pounds, you could easy mislay 20 pounds the low workweek, but if you count 150, you couldn't.

All that aforesaid, I'm surely not advocating that anyone miss 10 pounds a hebdomad, as it seems drastic, hazardous and nearsighted, but it is physically potential.

I was losing 20 pounds a month or so for a match of months start in the summertime of 2005. Here is a chart of my burden that I posted in November of that year. I concluded up acquiring fine-tune to 188. I don't acknowledge if it's the maximum I could deliver through, but it was sure sufficient.

When you say "mislay burthen" I adopt you imply "miss fat". You can mislay burthen by reduction the measure of h2o, musculus or fat in your consistency. The way that roughly fad diets exercise is mostly by qualification you misplace h2o or muscleman (by feeding so niggling your muscles wasting).

From the NHS site: Gradual weightiness release of approximately 0.45-0.9kg (1-2lb) per workweek is unremarkably recommended. From the National Institute of Health: Slow and calm weighting exit . Depending on your start weightiness, experts commend losing burthen at a value of 1/2 to 2 lbs per workweek. Weight passing may be quicker at the jump of a curriculum. If you wishing to miss often more than that, tattle to your fix get-go. If you eat too niggling thither's a big risk that you leave mislay brawn, slack your metamorphosis, and just put tied more fat dorsum on as presently as you arrive off the dieting.

Oh, and if we're doing graphs mine's hither . Yes, I'm workings on retention that farsighted poop nether mastery...

Fastest slant deprivation I e'er achieved was 10kg (22lb) astern a two hebdomad water-only firm, almost xx years ago. If I recall redress, my start slant was someplace some 140kg at the clip. Once I started feeding again, some 3kg went backbone on in a day (so I guessing that was glycogen/water slant).

I did the truehearted just to see what fast for two weeks was wish, not in rescript to mislay slant. It was identical interesting, but it screwed up my metamorphosis and unexpended me impression pretty unenrgetic for a duo of months afterwards.

I perfectly do not urge fast, or any former mannikin of clank dieting, as a weighting passing method. It bequeath do you more injury than goodness.

Oh yeah, I forgot the meter my baby was at destruction's threshold in the ICU in a strange commonwealth. If you get on a aeroplane, fly 30 hours full-strength, and so sopor no more than 4 hours a nighttime, feeding two meals a day lonesome for two weeks, you can suffer 15 pounds just similar that.

I confound that in for compare dazed vs sensitive in the like mortal.

I befuddled some 15 pounds o'er a month or two without truly nerve-wracking, just by removing the carbohydrates from my dinner apiece dark. It was during a wintertime of weight-lifting and so I was belike adding pounds of sinew during this metre. This is the solitary dieting I've e'er required and it worked terrifically. Chicken breasts and salad, e.g., is a commodity dinner. Separating protein and carbohydrates plant; it's sustainable, respectable, and doesn't rob you of any of the veridical pleasures in liveliness. (You should hitch by from sweets though.)

The outdo way to employment is version, ie run and drown on jump years or try 5-day cycles of run/row/swim/weight-lifting/rest. Keeps you amused and you can advertize yourself heavy alwaysy day because you're not repetition the precise like exertions.

I don't how just how many pounds it is goodly to miss, but the goodish way to recede slant is with sustainable habits and not with drastic measures. If you don't do anything absurd I don't recollect you'll be in risk of losing too practically too cursorily.

Is this a theoretic motion, or do you let approximately documentary?

If this is for the farsighted terminus, why do you credit 2 weeks? Do you deprivation to feeling full in a washup case in 2 weeks and not tending how you looking in 3 weeks? If so, is this more most bod than angle?

Or do you sustain a weigh-in?

I helpless a lot of slant on the low two weeks of the South Beach Diet - wish 15 pounds, and it stayed off. Granted, I continued to survey form 2 of the dieting.

Wow delmoi, that's awe-inspiring. If I could do that, I'd be at my destination burthen in 2 months!

Nice photograph, too, by the way.

When I was 16, I helpless 20 lbs in 3 weeks by feeding an exceedingly low calorie dieting (I remember my scheme was to sustain an orangish for breakfast, sister carrots and a smattering of pretzels for luncheon, and a one-quarter of a pattern helping of any my parents served for dinner) and doing cardio for 2 hours a day nigh years of the workweek. I was a fractious beef for those 3 weeks, and it was totally unhealthful, but I got what I cherished out of it.

Surprisingly, I unbroken those 20 lbs off with dead no boost famishment diet (I continued to recitation but more same an hr a day) until college ... when the darn hit the fan. Maybe that's why I sustain so practically fuss losing weighting now that I really want to.

I latterly got backrest into feeding rightfulness and acquiring batch of practice. In the commencement workweek lonely I disoriented roughly 3kg - 6.6lb. I wasn't starvation myself, but I remember that a lot of weighting missed initially is nutrient in theodolite done the gut.

Since so I bear been feeding a tame breakfast, a igniter luncheon and a sane dinner, no boodle and no snacks. I birth a reasonably fighting job, and I get walked terminated 350k since the end of May, and doomed ended 13 kg (28lb) spell increasing my survival and aerophilic fittingness.

« Older Why do we say ".... the f...   |   Trying to settle proprietors o... Newer »

This meander is unopen to new comments.

Getting My Life On Track: Health and Fitness Edition November 12, 2009

How can I suit comfy in a shrinkage consistence? August 6, 2008

Tour-de-France vs. quicky workouts: Which is meliorate? March 19, 2008

Why, this isn't an stimulus/production trouble at all April 9, 2007